Federal Support Programs
The District uses the support of federal program dollars to insure that the needs of all student groups are met. Local Education Agencies (LEAs), such as our Phoenix Elementary School District #1, receive federal financial assistance to provide services to eligible children, teachers and other personnel consistent with the number of children enrolled in the LEA.
The federal support from these programs enables the District to deliver the following goals of No Child Left Behind (NCLB):
- All students will attain proficiency or better in reading, language arts and mathematics.
- One hundred percent of the teachers and paraprofessionals will be highly qualified.
- All English Language Learners (ELL) will become proficient in English.
- All students will be educated in learning environments that are safe, drug-free and conductive to learning.
- All students will be ready for high school when promoted from grade eight.