08 Mar Board Approves Students Return to In-person Instruction
March 5, 2021
Good Evening Phoenix Elementary Families:
The Governing Board met today and approved students returning to in-person instruction on Wednesday, March 17. As we continue to plan for this reopening, here are a few important things for you to know:
- In preparation for our reopening, parents will choose the learning model that best meets your family’s needs. Parents are asked to complete a Learning Options Form by Wednesday, March 10 at 12 noon. Parents may choose either in-person instruction (which is 5 days at schools), or to remain learning online (which is 5 days live-streamed lessons). Click this link to complete the Learning Options Form.
- Because teachers need time to transition to their schools and set up their classrooms, there will be no school on Monday, March 15 and Tuesday, March 16.
- Beginning Monday, March 15, the Learning Labs will be closed. If your child needs a safe place to learn, we recommend parents choose the in-person option.
- Students will resume on Wednesday, March 17 for both in-person instruction and online learning.
- March 17, 18, and 19 will be early release days for all students.
- Mondays will be early release days for all students beginning Monday, March 22. You can find a revised school calendar for the remainder of the school year on the District’s website at phxschools.org.
- During the initial phase of reopening, there will be no after-school PEER program or other activities like clubs and sports.
- Please be sure to watch for additional information and communication during Spring Break. Additional school information will be communicated to you by your school principal.
We are excited to welcome our students back to school on Wednesday, March 17. Thank you!