Emerson Kindergarten through 8thgrade students are happy, confident and highly engaged learners. Students experience rigorous, standards based instruction in collaborative learning opportunities with an emphasis on inquiry, choice and flexibility. Skills to develop increasing individual responsibility are integrated throughout lessons developing life-long decision makers to determine their own path to success. Students receive instruction in all major content areas with an emphasis on critical thinking. Student writing composition in multiple formats, is intentionally incorporated throughout all academics. Grades 4 through 8 are departmentalized by one or two content areas. This allows students movement between classrooms, expanding their experience with learning environments and teachers, and teachers intensely focused on instruction in one to two content areas
Emerson students are provided opportunities to explore and master standards in physical education, art, general music, and instrumental music for grades 3-8. A variety of after school programs are offered throughout the school year, to include academics, art, piano and organized sports.
In collaboration with North High School, Whittier School and the Coronado Neighborhood Association, Emerson School celebrates diversity and acceptance. We also welcome families living outside our attendance boundaries from all across the valley. We invite you to come grow with us by enrolling your child as a member of the Emerson School learning community.
We have what your child needs:
- A caring community embracing the whole child
- A child-centered campus with flexible classroom learning environments
- Standards-based instruction with student choice embedded
- Instructional support and services provided on campus for qualified gifted students
- Highly Qualified Teachers
- Free Full-day Kindergarten
- Student uniforms to support focus on instruction, learning and building relationships without distraction
- Family engagement opportunities
- Free before & after school care for enrolled students of working parents
- Free breakfast & lunch