We know children learn in different ways. Part of Emerson’s regular instructional practice is providing flexible learning activities in the manner children learn best, through content and the classroom environment. Students understand they have choices to maximize their growth in learning.
Children receive instruction and have opportunities to demonstrate learning:
- Using visuals, language, technology
- Kinesthetically, mathematically, collaboratively, individually
We view classroom furniture as a tool for instruction and learning. The design of our classrooms makes available different learning environments within one classroom setting:
- Mobile furniture – on casters for easy reconfiguration
- * Multiple settings – table and chair, floor table, puzzle table, standing table
* Seating – desk chairs, stools, soft seating