At Phoenix #1, our families are the advocates, decision makers, and collaborators who ensure that students receive equitable, inclusive, and highly effective programming.
We engage our families because…
- Family involvement in at-home learning has a positive impact on student literacy and math skills.
- Teacher-Parent communication is positively associated with overall student achievement.
- Families help to increase public support and understanding of our school programs.
Our Family and Community Engagement team builds intentional relationships between families, school, and community by…
- Creating a welcoming climate and culture
- Engaging in frequent, two-way communication
- Facilitating shared decision-making
- Building trust through meaningful relationships
- Connecting families with resources
- Supporting student learning and engagement
Contact Family and Community Engagement to learn more about specific opportunities at your school.