A message from Governor Ducey including hundreds of resources to support Arizonans. Please Visit – ArizonaTogether.org.
Learning Enrichment Activities
Phoenix #1 Families, thank you for completing our survey so that we can better understand your needs. We know that you are looking for learning enrichment activities for your children. Please see the activities here for each grade level. Please note that these are not mandatory, and your child will not be graded on them. However, they are excellent activities for your child to continue learning at home and to provide structure in your child’s day. You can choose the activities you think are most appropriate for your child. If you have questions, please email CommunityRelations@PhxSchools.org.
April 7, 2020
March 31, 2020
March 24, 2020
Where can I pick up meals for my children?
NEW SCHEDULE BEGINNING WEDNESDAY, APRIL 8th:
Our weekly meal pick up begins tomorrow, April 8th at the locations and times noted below. We will provide meal pick up every Wednesday ONLY, using the time schedule below. The pickup will include 5 days of grab and go meals for a total of 10 for each child 18 years of age and younger.
- Bethune School located at 1310 S 15th Ave. Phx 85007: 10:00 – 11:00 AM
- Capitol School located at 330 N 16th Ave. Phx 85007: 11:30 – 12:30 PM
- Dunbar School located at 707 West Grant. Phx 85007: 10 AM – 12 PM
- Edison School located at 804 N 18th St. Phx 85006: 11:30 AM -12:30 PM
- Garfield School located at 811 N 13th St. Phx 85006: 10 AM – 1 PM
- Herrera School located at 1350 S 11th St. Phx 85034: 10 AM – 11 AM
- HU-O-te Park located at 641 N 11th Ave. Phx 85007: 10 am – 11 AM
- Lowell School located at 1121 South 3rd Ave. Phx 85003: 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM
- Magnet Traditional School located at 2602 North 23rd Ave. Phx 85009: 10 AM – 1 PM
Thank you and stay safe and healthy! Please practice social-distancing when picking up meals!
Play, Social-Emotional & Family Resources
- Arizona Department of Economic Security provides numerous resources for families: https://des.az.gov/services/
- Here are a few Play Activities from our Partners at Playworks:
- Play at Home Webpage: A library of videos and other resources featuring games and activities you can play at home. Each game has limited use of equipment and meets the CDC requirements of social distancing. All available free on the Play at Home webpage. You can also follow all videos on social media using #PlayAtHome and #PlayworksAtHome.’
- Play at Home Playbook: This game guide has a variety of games and activities you can do in their own home, with little to no equipment necessary.
- Live Virtual Recess: A Playworks Coach leading a morning warm-up, a midday game, and an afternoon cooldown each day. Anyone can tune in to Facebook Live Monday- Friday at 9am, 11am and 1pm and play along. Watch what the experience will feel like.
- “Mindful Moments” from our very own Phoenix #1 Social Worker at Garfield School Ms. Julie Robbins. https://www.youtube.com/
Helpful COVID-19 Resources
- Talking to Kids About the Coronavirus
- What You Should Know About COVID-19
- Don’t Let the Virus Go Viral
- Staying Clean
Here is a resource to help you think about building structure into your child’s day while our schools are closed. Providing structure helps children feel emotionally safer. https://catlintucker.com/2020/03/diy-homeschooling/
Here is a resource for students in preschool through 3rd grade. You can register to create an account and work on social-emotional skills to cope during these challenging times. https://www.heartmath.org/education/e-learning/heartsmarts-adventure/100k-coherent-kids-initiative/