Our top priority is the health and safety of our students, staff and families. Therefore, our teaching and learning will take place through distance learning until October 12th. That is the soonest we expect to be able to return to our campuses for learning. As we near October, we hope to have a positive shift in our community’s overall control of the spread of COVID-19 and will re-evaluate our options based on the most current information and recommendations.
On July 23rd, Governor Ducey and Superintendent Hoffman announced that metrics regarding the community spread of COVID-19 will be provided to Governing Boards to enable them to make informed decisions about the safe opening of their district schools.
Our Distance Learning Model will be a robust, interactive, full-day learning curriculum equivalent to in-person learning. Students will have live instruction, interaction with classmates, and a wide variety of learning activities to engage and effectively educate.
We will be using multiple technologies that may capture and record your child’s image or voice in virtual, online or in-person classrooms as we deliver instruction. The instruction delivered to your child is not a confidential educational record. However, we will be prudent and cautious in all of our practices regarding virtual, online or in-person instruction.
Here is our timeline for charting a safe course to learning:
- July 27th: Laptop Distribution Begins. Your school will be in contact with you regarding the distribution plan and distance learning if you have not already heard from them.
- July 30th: Preschool Plan to be delivered to families for Faith North, Garfield & Kenilworth Schools.
- August 6th: Distance Learning for all K-8 students begins. For more details about Distance Learning, please visit https://tinyurl.com/yxbw3o37. For Spanish, please visit https://tinyurl.com/yxqfvfur.
- August 17th: Learning Labs will open for students who need supervision on a campus to complete their Distance Learning. Learning Lab locations are Edison School on the east side of our District and Magnet Traditional School on the west side of our District.
- October 5th – 9th: Fall Break
- October 12th: Potential Return to Campuses for Blending Learning Model. Distance Learning Model will continue for those who choose.
Thank you for your patience and support as we chart our course together! Please be vigilant as you protect your family and friends and neighbors from COVID-19. It is incredibly important to wear face coverings and maintain a distance of six feet when outside your home. That is how together, we can move forward safely.
Weekly meal pickups each Wednesday are continuing for children age 18 years or younger. We will update you regularly when changes occur to the schedule.